The Question Was Answered!


In life it is important to set goals, objectives and targets in our working and personal lives.  Having a goal helps you to focus and, hopefully, achieve what you set out to do.  They can be set for a myriad of reasons ranging from really small objectives to very large ones.  Recently, I achieved one of my goals after trying for more than two years. 

What was this achievement, I hear you all say.  Well, continue reading and I will elaborate dear reader.

There is a weekly question and answer show on television called, funnily enough, ‘Questions and Answers’ or better known as ‘Q & A’ or as I like to call it Qanda.  The show consists of a panel of guests, generally politicians and the like, who answer questions posed to them by the live audience.  The panel then put across their point of view on the relevant subject.

As the show goes out live across Australia, viewers are able to post some tweets, with a select few being aired visually across the bottom of the screen. When the show first started showing viewers tweets.  I thought that it would be great if I could get one of mine aired on the show.  Now there are a few theories that I have put to practice in my quest to find success.  Since I set out to achieve this goal, I have tried funny tweets, controversial tweets, subject-related tweets and out of the ordinary tweets.  Alas, all to no avail.

Over the course of time, a Qanda tweet group was formed.  Every Monday night we all get together, via Twitter of course, to watch the show and try to get our tweets on air.  Normally, one or two of our group have a successful night and manage to get a tweet onto the show.  However, up until recently, my tweets were the proverbial bridesmaid and not the bride – if you get my meaning!

Then glory finally came my way!

During the Qanda broadcast on the 15th October, a tweet by yours truly appeared on the show.  Now, I have to admit that I had nearly given up hope of this ever happening.  However, when it did, it provided me with a sense of fulfillment.  Seeing my tweet on television was quite surreal really.  I read the tweet and thought - that sounds familiar! Then after a nano-second I realised it was mine!

So finally, I had achieved my goal! Actually it was a great night all round as our Qanda group all got tweets aired on the show! So myself, Em, Katie, Vanessa and Jennifer were all successful twitterers.

Now I have set myself another goal, I want to get another tweet aired sometime soon.  Even if I don’t succeed, I can still try, try and try again!

And here is the broadcasted tweet:

“Gillard made a stand that will define her leadership” - which was about the Australian Prime Minister and her stand against misogyny in politics.

Comments

Vanessa said…
I felt exactly the same when I got my first tweet on screen. Well done!

Popular posts from this blog

Back in 5 Minutes

1,000 hits and more to come!

Stalking by Bluetooth