Confessions of a Blogger!

Recently I was on Twitter and I came across a hash tag that was labelled #100confessions or something similar.  It got me thinking that it was probably about time that I revealed some more facts about myself.  After all, it was 5 years ago in my first ever blog, when I was very much a virgin blogger that I did this previously.  5 years is a long time in the blogosphere and indeed in our own lives.  So I have decided it's time for the world to learn more about me - when the non x rated stuff at least!


So if you are ready, here we go!



  • I once did a hole in one on a golf course.  Now I should say that I honestly find golf very boring and extremely tedious.  I am not sure why a number of business meetings are done "on a golf course".  I would much rather prefer watching a sport or even discussing things over a meal.  The hole in one occurred at the local golf course where I grew up in the old country - England.
  • I am a qualified commercial barista but have never ever worked in a cafe.  Yes it is true.  I know how to make proper coffee.  Well I used to, but unless you keep your skills honed you soon forget how to do some of the more trickier coffees.  Why did I become a qualified barista? Well I was never going to become a barrister was I?  Seriously, I wanted to learn more about making different coffees and thought a commercial coffee making course was the way to go.  Yes, I do have a barista certificate!
  • I am a qualified Justice of the Peace.  In the olden days people used to call me a Justice of the Piss - but that's another story.  I am registered as a JP in NSW in Australia.  So what this means is that I am authorised to witness signatures on documents of varying descriptions.  In some circumstances I can issue arrest warrants and preside over really minor infringements.  However, living in a big city this will never happen. 
  • I once top scored at cricket with 4 runs.  It was an inter-class school game and I was nominated to open the innings.  My first scoring shot was an edge through the slips for 2.  I was the 7th player out for the princely score of 4! In truth the extras totalled 7 runs, but that doesn't count, does it?  In reply our opponents scored 24 runs for the loss of 1 wicket.  I can proudly say that it was moi that run out one of their opening batsmen!
  • During my largely unsuccessful football career in England, I was transferred between two teams mid-season.  The transfer fee was a fixed  £2.50! Not quite the multi-million pound transfers of the English Premier League.  Naturally, I didn't make a penny out of the transfer fee! I did, however, turn out to be a good purchase as I scored 9 goals in my first 22 games.
  • While we are talking, well writing, about football, I can claim to have scored a goal direct from a corner! It was while playing for a local team in Sydney a few years ago.  It was something I always wanted to do, ever since I saw my best friend do it twice in two minutes in a school game many moons ago.  Finally, I achieved it myself.  As the ball was drifting over the goalkeeper's head, I remember thinking to myself "don't catch the bloody thing!".  Thankfully he didn't!
  • A long time ago a piece of the hallowed turf of Wembley Stadium found its way into my pocket and later was planted in my parents backyard.  How did it get there? I have no idea hehehehe.  I remember the event was a summer outdoor concert at the old Wembley Stadium. Can't quite remember who was headlining but I am fairly certain it was Elton John. 
Well there you have it.  A few facts about me that you would not be aware of.  I would love to hear about some of yours.  So please feel free to leave a comment or three!

Comments

Unknown said…
Snodhurst bottom could not really be described as a golf course.
Happy days, Hope alls well with you and yours.

Popular posts from this blog

Back in 5 Minutes

1,000 hits and more to come!

Stalking by Bluetooth