The Silly Season Of The Golden Arches!

"This is, however, short lived as the sugar in the drinks being consumed kicks in and hyper activity and shrieking is restored...I couldn't help thinking that her voice could be used as a weapon of mass destruction. Sadly for me there was no gaffer tape handy"

Without a shadow of a doubt it has been a very busy week so far. They call it the silly season for a reason and it is truly living up to its name. It's only now as I am writing this blog that I have had time to finally sit down and do nothing (except blog writing that is!).

Last weekend No Worries and I took our gals to breakfast at the infamous 'Golden Arches' restaurant. Now I have to state at the onset that we probably visit the Golden Arches only 4 or 5 times a year as we truly believe in trying to have a well-balanced diet. Mind you, given the last few days my diet should include copious amounts of alcohol, but sadly it doesn't! Naturally the gals had a great time eating hotcakes, hash browns and the like.

The next day (Monday) the gals had a birthday party to go to. It was for one of their friends who was turning 6. The party was being held at a local Golden Arches restaurant. If you haven't attended a childs party at a fast food venue then you should go and experience it. The children generally get hyper prior to the food and drink arriving.

In fact, the screaming and good natured shouting was very loud to my sensitive ears. I kept thinking that going to a Metallica concert would not be as loud as this. I should know having watched them a few years ago in Sydney.

After a while a party hostess takes the children to a party room where they are served food and drinks. For a few valuable minutes a silence descends upon the room and peace is restored. This is, however, short lived as the sugar in the drinks being consumed kicks in and hyper activity and shrieking is restored. At least the parents know that their children will sleep well that night.

The next day I attended my oldest daughters' Christmas concert in the morning. In fact I was one of only a few fathers who attended. It certainly was a good show and one that I thoroughly enjoyed. Later that afternoon I picked up my girls and took them and No Worries to a Christmas party for all children who had attended after school care during the year. It was held at one of those places that has climing apparatus, slides and all other types of things to entertain children.

The late afternoon was stifling (meteorologically speaking) and there were lots of children playing and screaming and having a great time. There were probably more children there than paid up members of the Trainspotting Club of Australia! More thoughts of Metallica were entering my mind while I was at the party.

The next day I woke up and said to myself "self, today should be a quieter day". How wrong was I to be! In the morning I attended my youngest daughters' graduation from pre-school. Her class put on a great show and I was happy and proud to have been present. As I was having my lunch with my daughter one of the mums present came up to me. She advised that there was a party this afternoon for her son. It had been arranged at short notice as this was the only day that a lot of the children could get together.

I asked her where the party would be held and held my breath as she advised that it would be at the local Golden Arches restaurant! My mind was racing. I was now worried that my gals would start looking like a chicken nugget or a burger given our frequent visits to the fabled Arches!

So in the evening we got ready and drove to the restaurant. I was getting feelings of deja vu for the second time this week. It was partly a repeat performance of the earlier birthday party. Lots of screaming, then silence as the food was devoured and then more screaming! There was a girl who was consistently screaming at the top of her voice. I couldn't help thinking that her voice could be used as a weapon of mass destruction. Sadly for me there was no gaffer tape handy.....

As for today it has been less busy. Another graduation party for my youngest daughter and a school mass for my oldest. After I picked up my daughters from their schools I decided to treat them to an ice cream as it had been a hot and very humid day. I drove to the nearest place that sold them. I'll let you guess where I ended up. Suffice to say that the arches of the restaurant logo spell out the letter 'M'.

Will tomorrow be a Golden Arches free day? Well, only time will tell.

NB: As I write this No Worries has just returned back from a girls night out only to inform me that she will be going out in a few minutes to the Golden Arches for a dessert and coffee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in 5 Minutes

1,000 hits and more to come!

Stalking by Bluetooth