The Rolls Royce of toothbrushes!

"My first reaction was 'cool!' My second reaction was 'but I've already got one' My third reaction was 'I need a swig of beer'"

A few weeks ago my wife and I went to a parish dinner that had been co-arranged by my eldest daughter's school. Regular readers might recall a recent blog http://dw-perspectives.blogspot.com/2008/05/getting-lost-with-no-worries.html about our journey of getting to the location of the dinner.

As well as having a great night, there were a few fund raising events going on during the dinner. One of them was for patrons to hand over $10 and then pick an envelope. The envelope contained the name of the prize that you had won.

So naturally I handed over the money and my wife chose the envelope (which wasn't hard seeing as there was only one left). Inside it said that we had 'won' an electric toothbrush. My first reaction was 'cool!' My second reaction was 'but I've already got one' My third reaction was 'I need a swig of beer'. My wife decided to pick up the prize while I finished off my cool refreshing ale.

When she came back we looked at the toothbrush packaging. Yes it was an electric toothbrush - no doubt about that. The only thing was that it was the 'Rolls Royce' of all electric toothbrushes, the 'creme de la creme'. By now I was quite excited (as you can see it doesn't take much to get me excited). In fact, I couldn't wait to get home to try this elite piece of craftsmanship on my not-so-young pearly gnashers!

When we got home I had a good look at the toothbrush. It certainly was sleek and impressive. For the record it was the Oral B Triumph Professional Care 9500 toothbrush. A quick Google search showed that my outlay of $10 had reaped an item costing between $140 - $170! It was much better value than buying Celine Dion's greatest hits!! Even though it was now past midnight I wanted to learn all about the features of the toothbrush. This is most definitely a guy thing. We always want to know everything about every gadget.

Some of the features include a display screen that tells you when the toothbrush needs recharging. It also lets you know how long you have been cleaning your teeth for. It can be personalised by changing the language and timer settings. Also, it has 4 brushing modes! These are clean, soft, massage and polish. I've yet to try the polish mode at this stage but will soon.

What really amazed me was that the brush head had a 'smart chip' that communicates with the base of the toothbrush and automatically switches to the correct brush mode. After reading that I was in a daze. Was it the alcohol, tiredness or the fact that this was a top notch piece of technology. Whatever it was, I soon fell asleep.

It wasn't long before the toothbrush had pride of place in our bathroom (next to my daughters' Nemo cups). Yes, it does really clean my teeth better than my old toothbrush.

So if you are ever at a parish dinner remember to participate in the fund raising events. After all you never know what you might win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in 5 Minutes

1,000 hits and more to come!

Stalking by Bluetooth